This dish is meant to be a side dish for my husband's salmon dinner. He was held up with work and could only return way pass dinner time. Hence, he skipped dinner and had something light (as supper) when he got home.
I added sliced shallot and ate it myself instead. If you are like my husband, who dislike shallot, just leave that out. Try using thinly sliced celery instead. ;)
- 400g French Beans, top and tails removed and sliced
- 1 - 2 Shallot, sliced thinly (optional)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
Dressing to mixed well:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
How to do it:
- Blanch sliced french bean for 5 minutes or till cooked but still crunchy.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Drain well.
- Toss french bean with dressing to mix well.
- Add shallot, salt and ground pepper.
- Toss gently.
- Serve as side.