This is a combo of a few different soup - Black Chicken with Black Bean Soup, Chicken Feet with Peanut Soup and Lotus Root Soup with Peanut. With that, I now have a new soup that everyone at home likes.
The soup is dark due to the black beans but don't be deceived but it's outlook, ie, tinted chicken feet, ribs and even lotus roots. It's really light and sweet.
- 200g Pork Ribs or Chicken Bones
- 8 Chicken Feet
- 200g Lotus Root, skinned and sliced
- 100g Black Beans, roasted for a minute on pan without oil
- 10 Red Dates, pitted
- 1 small piece Dried Cuttlefish, cut into strips
- 2 slice of Ginger (optional)
- 1.8 litre Water
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch chicken feet.and pork ribs/chicken bones.
- Put all ingredients except salt in a pot of water.
- Bring to boil then lower fire and simmer for another 3-4 hours.
- Add salt to taste.