This is a very simple dish. To me, this dish is like an appetizer as it stimulate my appetite. The flavour intensity of this dish can adjusted according to your taste. Like it more sour, add more vinegar. Likewise, add more sugar if you prefer it sweeter, etc. Here's my guide to this dish.
- 3 Squid
- 2 slice Ginger
- 1 Fresh Chilli, seeded
- 2 Spring Onion, white part only & reserve the green part for other use
- 2 Shallot
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider or White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
How to do it:
- Clean and cut squid into pieces.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Add in ginger, spring onion, Chinese cooking wine and salt.
- Blanch squid pieces till they starts to curl and cooked.
- Drain and set aside. Reserve the liquid.
- Meanwhile, grind chilli, shallot, garlic together.
- Heat oil and saute the paste till fragrant but not brown.
- Add in sugar, apple cider, light soy sauce and 2 tablespoon of liquid from blanching the squid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in the squid pieces and mix well with sauce.
- Dish and drizzle on some sesame seed oil.