Curry Vegetables is one of my favourite dish. I love it with rice, noodle, even on it's own. I stopped having it so often when my cholesterol level increased. :p I tried replacing the coconut milk with other alternatives. It just doesn't taste as good.
- 600ml Water or Stock
- 150g Yam Bean aka Jicama Bang Kwang (豆薯), skinned and cut into sticks
- 100g Cabbage, cut
- 1 large Carrot, skinned and cut
- 5 Long Beans, cut into section
- Dried Beancurd (豆包) or Firm Beancurd (豆干)
- 500ml Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
Grind into paste:
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Shrimp, soaked to soften
- 5 Dried Chilli, soaked to softened before hand
- 10 Shallot
- 3 clove Garlic
- 1 stalk Lemon Grass (white part only), sliced thinly
- 3 Candlenuts aka Buah Keras
- 7g Turmeric aka Kunyit
- 15g Galangal aka Lengkuas
How to do it:
- Heat a tablespoon of oil and stir fry paste till fragrant.
- Add in stock and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add in all the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Gradually stir in the coconut milk.
- Continue to simmer till the vegetables are cooked and softened to your liking.
- Add salt to taste.