The marble effect on this cake isn't very obvious as the chocolate I used has a lighter chocolate colour. You can use add a bit of cocoa powder to make your chocolate batter darker if you like or use dark chocolate.
This recipe is very easy and fail proof. You just need to mix all ingredient together but I still prefer to mix the ingredients one at a time.
- 175g Butter, softened
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 175g Self raising Flour
- 2 tablespoon Milk (I used fresh milk)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 60g Chocolate, melted
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and continue beating.
- Add milk and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Gradually add in the flour.
- Beat till mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 2 bowls.
- Add melted chocolate to one bowl.
- Mix well till well combined.
- Scoop a spoon each from both batter into paper-case.
- Use a toothpick to stir a little.
- Bake for 11 minutes; use toothpick test to check.
- Cool on rack.
I'm using 12 hole mini muffin pan. Bakes about 40 mini muffins.