The only fish my kids eat, Cod. I buy so much cod till the fishmonger always reserved the (tail) part I always buy for me. My kids know the differences if I bought other parts. :P I usually ask the fishmonger to debone for me and sometimes, slice for me too, just like for this case. I won't be able to do it myself. :P
- 8 - 10 slices Cod
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 5 slices Ginger, julienned
- 8 slices Lily Bulb
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
How to do it:
- Place cod in a dish.
- Drizzle Chinese cooking wine and sesame seed oil on it.
- Top with ginger shreds and lily bulbs.
- Steam for 8 minutes, longer if cod slices are thicker.
- Remove and drain away the liquid.
- Heat cooking oil, light soy sauce and sugar together.
- Pour the hot soy sauce and oil over the fish.
Add additional 1to 2 tablespoon if water in step 6 if you like to have more sauce. Season to taste.