AdSense

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken and Cheese Puff 鸡丝乳酪酥皮泡芙


This is a super easy finger food to make. I made this for the kids as an afternoon snack. I had to make a second batch because my son said I I ate his share. :P I use mayonnaise as the dipping sauce. You can leave it out or use other sauces such as chilli, tomato sauce or any of your preferred sauce.

Ingredients:
  • 1 piece Pastry Puff, thawed and cut into 4 squares
  • 2-3 pieces Cheese singles divided into 4 portions (I used Cheddar Cheese here)
  • 2 pieces Chicken Fillet, cut into strips and divided into 4 portions
  • 1 egg yolk for brushing

How to do it:
  1. Blanch Chicken Fillet till just cooked.
  2. Drain, pat dried and set aside.
  3. Place half a portion of cheese on a pastry puff diagonally.
  4. Place a portion of chicken strips on the cheese and top with the remain cheese.
  5. Take the bottom corner of the pastry puff and roll it up.
  6. Brush with egg yolk.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 200C or as instructed on package.
  8. Remove and serve with dipping sauce if desire.
Note:
You can use other ingredients other than chicken if you like. I didn't add any seasoning as the Cheddar Cheese is salty enough.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting puff. Looks very cheesy. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, what tasty finger food! This would be so good for dipping in soup too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look absolutely delicious. My kind of food. drools

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful. I'm going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you buy the pastry puff? any brand recommended? .../Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bernie, I can't remember the brand but I got it from Phoon Huat and I have seen in in Cold Storage too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instead of pastry puff, could wantan skin or popia skin be used instead? I mean, the kind u can buy from fairprice supermarket.../Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Bernie, The texture of popiah or wantan skin is very different from pastry puff. Pastry puff gives you many thin layers and it puff-up when you bake it. It's very 'song' (in Chinese). Plus wantan skin is too small to do this. Popiah skin is still ok but you have to find a way to hold the skin together. I haven't try baking popiah skin so I won't know how it will turn out though. Do share with me the outcome if you are doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete