This is a super easy finger food to make. I made this for the kids as an afternoon snack. I had to make a second batch because my son said I I ate his share. :P I use mayonnaise as the dipping sauce. You can leave it out or use other sauces such as chilli, tomato sauce or any of your preferred sauce.
- 1 piece Pastry Puff, thawed and cut into 4 squares
- 2-3 pieces Cheese singles divided into 4 portions (I used Cheddar Cheese here)
- 2 pieces Chicken Fillet, cut into strips and divided into 4 portions
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
How to do it:
- Blanch Chicken Fillet till just cooked.
- Drain, pat dried and set aside.
- Place half a portion of cheese on a pastry puff diagonally.
- Place a portion of chicken strips on the cheese and top with the remain cheese.
- Take the bottom corner of the pastry puff and roll it up.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at 200C or as instructed on package.
- Remove and serve with dipping sauce if desire.
You can use other ingredients other than chicken if you like. I didn't add any seasoning as the Cheddar Cheese is salty enough.