This is one of my favourite dish. I will only make this when my husband is not coming back for dinner. Noone at home eat this. :( I have to coach my son on his work after his dinner so I don't have that much time to cook an additional dish just for myself. Not to mention the additional washing to do.
You probably know, I cook separately for my kids as they have their dinner earlier. I don't like to eat cold food hence I'll cook again when my husband's back for dinner. Imagine the amount of time spend just to make dinner. Okay, blame me for being fussy. :P
- 1 medium Squid
- 15 Okra aka Ladies' Finger, sliced
- 5 Cherry Tomato or 1 Tomato, cut into quarters
- 4 Fresh Red Chilli
- 8 Dried Chilli
- 6 Shallot
- 4 clove Garlic
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 1/3 tablespoon Belacan
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Remove soft bone and innards of squids.
- Cut squids into rings.
- Set aside.
- Grind all ingredients for chilli paste, except for sugar and salt, together.
- Heat wok with 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Stir fry chilli paste till fragrant.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Leave to cool.
- In a wok, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil..
- Add squid and stir fry till half cooked.
- Dish and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Add in okra and tomatoes.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Add in the chilli paste.
- Stir fry for 8 minutes or till well cooked.
- Dish and serve.
- Add in squid to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Place squid with chilli paste on banana leaf.
- Grill in preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove and top with fresh shallot sliced and drizzle with lime jucie.
- Serve immediately.
- If you prefer it more spicy, use chilli padi instead of regular chilli for the chilli paste.