I had wanted to cook Laska but realised that I have forgotten to get a couple of ingredients. -_-" I'm glad I didn't make Laska anyway as my husband had to work late. I won't be able to finish all of it myself.
I decided to grilled the prawns instead. I just need to blanch some veggies, a bowl of soup and rice and my dinner is settled. And the good thing is I can repeat the same thing for my husband when he returns home as it's so easy and fast to prepare. No cold and leftover dinner. :)
Oh, my kids don't eat this. They eat much earlier and they have their own dinner menu. ;)
- 10 Medium to Large Prawns, shelled and devien
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Basil
- Olive Oil for brushing
- A dash of pepper
- A pinch of salt
How to do it:
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Marinate prawns for 15 minutes.
- Pierce a wooden skewer or in my case, a stalk of lemongrass through 3 prawns.
- Brush oil on the grill pan.
- Grill the prawns for 2 minutes on each side or till cooked.
- Remove and serve immediately.
The grilling time depends on the size of the prawns. Don't over cook the prawns as the prawns will become dry and hard.