AdSense

Monday, September 28, 2009

Grilled Spicy Prawns



I had wanted to cook Laska but realised that I have forgotten to get a couple of ingredients. -_-" I'm glad I didn't make Laska anyway as my husband had to work late. I won't be able to finish all of it myself.

I decided to grilled the prawns instead. I just need to blanch some veggies, a bowl of soup and rice and my dinner is settled. And the good thing is I can repeat the same thing for my husband when he returns home as it's so easy and fast to prepare. No cold and leftover dinner. :)

Oh, my kids don't eat this. They eat much earlier and they have their own dinner menu. ;)

Ingredients:
  • 10 Medium to Large Prawns, shelled and devien
  • 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
  • 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
  • Zest of 1/2 Lemon
  • 1 tablespoon Chopped Basil
  • Olive Oil for brushing
  • A dash of pepper
  • A pinch of salt

How to do it:
  1. Combine all ingredients together.
  2. Marinate prawns for 15 minutes.
  3. Pierce a wooden skewer or in my case, a stalk of lemongrass through 3 prawns.
  4. Brush oil on the grill pan.
  5. Grill the prawns for 2 minutes on each side or till cooked.
  6. Remove and serve immediately.

Note:
The grilling time depends on the size of the prawns. Don't over cook the prawns as the prawns will become dry and hard.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine,
    Just to drop by and say hi. It's nice to read your food blog again. Your cooking skill & food display is really getting more and more PRO lar!!!! Really looks like restaurant food! Wish you all the best yo!

    ReplyDelete