AdSense

Friday, October 31, 2008

Oreo Cupcake
奥利奥小蛋糕

I did this quite sometime back. Just shortly after I did this. One of my son's favourite cookies is Oreo. One day, I saw him munching on them non stop and I told him he will have to stop eating them otherwise I wouldn't be able to make cupcakes with them. :P The next thing that happened was he kept pestering me to do it. :P Next time must be careful about wanting to tell white lies. At least I finished the using all the cookies. So, I didn't really tell a lie lah. For this Oreo Cupcake, I didn't use the cream sandwiched in the cookies as I found them too sweet. I scraped them off and only used some as the 'cream' for the deco on a couple of cupcakes. But go ahead to use the cookies as it is if you like. No problem! Ingredients:
  • 220g Butter, soften
  • 200g Caster Sugar
  • 4 Eggs
  • 220g Self Rasing Flour
  • 40 'single' Oreo Cookies, ie, 20 sandwiched Oreo, cream removed and crushed.
How to do it:
  1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
  2. Add one egg at a time and continue beating.
  3. Add in flour and beat well till mixture is smooth and pale.
  4. Fold in the crushed oreo till combined.
  5. Spoon batter into muffin cup.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes in preheat oven at 170C.
  7. Cool on rack.

8 comments:

  1. Hey! I went through many of your baking recipes today (having just discover your blog a few hours ago)for the the savoury food. I'm really excited about trying them. Have a question which I hope you are able to enlighten me. Whenever I bake/grill dishes like chicken, pork etc, I could never remove the stains totally off the glass tray after that. Wonder if you have any advice on this? Thanks so much!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delish... and easy to make,,,well done keep em coming..

    http://ricocoffeeshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your son so funny :D I wanna try your cupcakes when I get my new oven (currently beoing the cheaper rowenta as well hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee,
    Thanks for visiting.
    I have tried boiling them with washing detergent and the most stains came off and it works for me. I just have to scrub of what's remaining. You can try it.

    Thanks, Rico.

    Noobcook,
    Hope you have bought your oven by now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this recipe and it turns out great but I would like to ask, is there any way to have the cupcakes more moist inside? The cupcakes I made today is kinda 'dry' inside. Does it happens to you too and what are the solutions you did?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arashigoldenboy,
    I'm not sure what happened. Mine was moist. I'm not sure how to help you here. Perhaps you can add a little milk. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many cupcakes can you make on this recipe? Thanks

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many cupcakes can this recipe makes?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete