I'm confused! Is muffin like cupcake? Is cupcake like cake? Are you?
I just found muffins are less sweet compared to cupcakes (go have a look at the sugar the two recipes require) Muffins are also heavier where as cupcakes which are actually cakes baked in cups are much lighter and fluffier.
Oh, those you see with icing and sweet and cute decorative stuff on are usually cupcakes not muffins.
Hmm ... I have sweet tooth. So ... I prefer cupcakes but I love the cranberries though. My friend and her family preferred muffins so they were happy when I made these for them. I baked 2 batches at one go and I only kept 8 muffins! LOL.
Hey, Poi San! How can you guys finished the whole lot in just 2 days?
- 100g Butter
- 50g Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Cake Flour or All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 80g Milk (I use Fresh Milk)
- 250g Dried Cranberries
How to do it:
- Beat butter, sugar and salt till light.
- Add eggs gradually and beat well each time before adding more.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder into mixture.
- Add milk slowly and mix well.
- Stir in the cranberries and mix well.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake at preheated oven at 175C for about 25 minutes or till done.
You can use chocolate chips or other other dried fruits instead.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.