This is yet other recipe I found that is easy to follow. The results for this is rather pretty and it taste like a cross between cookie and tart. You know, a bit 'cakey'. Seriously, it's not quite what I like but my kids love it. My husband and his colleagues like it too. I' can't complaining much since they are the one who eat it. *wink*
- 50g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 40g Sugar
- 150g Butter, soften
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 200g Cake Flour, sifted
- Chocolate bits for decoration
How to do it:
- Combine sugars, butter and salt and beat well till light and fluffy.
- Combine and beat egg and yolk.
- Add into batter over 3 times and beat well.
- Add in Vanilla Extract and beat well.
- Gradually add in flour and fold in to the batter till all flour are mix well.
- Scoop batter into a piping fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe batter out to a lined baking sheet giving enough space between each batter.
- Add a chocolate chip in the center as decoration. You can use raisin, nuts or cherries too.
- Bake at 175C preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or the the edge are brown.
- Cool on rack before storing in air-tight containers.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.
Credits: Cakes & Cookie by Zheng Yan Xue