I finished my can of oats and bought a can of cereals to make this dish. The kids like to munch on the crunchy cereals so much I thought I'll make cereal bars for them.
This makes a nice snacks for tea.
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- 25g Sugar
- 30g Cereals
- *aluminium foil
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add in the cereals.
- Quickly mix well till all are coated with butter.
- Add in the sugar.
- Mix well and stir till sugar are melted and well coated with the cereals.
- Pour the cereals onto the aluminum foil and pack them flat like a chocolate bar.
- Press slightly to make them stick together.
- Wrap the foil tightly and refrigerate.
- Remove when the pack is cooled and cereals have stick together (no longer loose)
- Use a knife to chop them into smaller pieces.
- You can use instant oats too.
- Add raisins and/or chop nuts if you like.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.