AdSense

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Chips
香草巧克力粒小蛋糕

My son asked me to bake him some cupcakes and I thought I wanted to try frosting again. So why not? I had this simple vanilla cupcake recipe I scribbled on my notebook. I did that and added some chocolate chips to it.

I won't show the frosting though. I find it was hideous. I think my old Art Club teacher will be so mad at me if she see it. *stick out tongue*

Ingredients:
  • 110g Unsalted Butter, softened
  • 130g White Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
  • 210g Plain Flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 60 ml (Fresh) Milk
  • Chocolate Chip, your desired amount
How to do it:
  1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  3. Beat in the vanilla essence.
  4. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  5. Add to the butter mixture gradually till combined.
  6. Add milk and beat till combined.
  7. Fold in chocolate chips.
  8. Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake in preheated oven at 170C for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned or do the toothpick test.
  9. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.

  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.

6 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely yummy and I love cupcakes! Will definitely give this recipe a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo will try this recipe once i hv a chance! love the cups u used, where did u get those? wud love to get some the next time i come down to spore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happyfoodhappythots,
    Thank you.

    Laundryamah,
    I bought them from Phoon Huat. You can check their site for their contacts.

    http://www.phoonhuat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cupcake turned out quite sweet so I had to reduce the amount of sugar.

    Quite funny how I ended up baking one whole cake as the paper I'd bought was quite soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasmine,
    Too sweet for you? :P I got sweet tooth!

    You bake it as a whole cake? How did it turn out? Same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! just like to ask you something, what do you mean by folding in? do you mix them together or just literally fold it and not mix at all??

    ReplyDelete