AdSense

Monday, August 13, 2007

Grilled Prawns with Bell Pepper Salsa

My family prefers Chinese food to any other food and it's never easy trying to get to try other food. And because of this, I'm not very good with dishes other than home-cooked Chinese food.

My poor husband is always forced to try my non Chinese dishes. I usually do them in small portion in case he is not used to the taste. Then I would have to finish them all by myself.

Happened to this dish. Haha ... he only took the prawns without the salsa because he didn't like bell peppers. I love it. So in the end, I diced the prawns and added them to the Salsa. It's easier for me as the Salsa was more than the prawns now.

Ingredients for Salsa:
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper
  • 1 Yellow Bell Peppers
  • 1 tablespoon chopped Coriander
  • 1 tablespoon chopped Mint Leaves
  • 1 tablespoon Olive Oil or Sesame Seed Oil
  • A dash of Pepper
  • A pinch of Salt
How to do the Salsa:
  1. Grill bell peppers on all sides till they are charred.
  2. Put them into a plastic bag and let stand about 20 minutes to loosen the skins.
  3. Remove from the plastic bag and pull the skin away and remove the seeds.
  4. Diced the bell peppers and place in a bowl.
  5. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
  6. And it's ready to be used and/or eaten.
Note:
You can chill it if you like.



Ingredients for Grilled Prawns:
  • 20 Prawns, shelled
  • Some Butter for brushing
  • A pinch of Salt
How to do the Prawns:
  1. Marinade the prawns with salt.
  2. Brush prawns with butter.
  3. Pan grill prawns on both sides till cooked.
  4. Top with some Salsa and serve.

2 comments: