I'm still sharing the recipe because I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's just my baking skills. LOL And this was one of the simplest recipes I found and one that I understand!
- 50g Butter
- 30g Shortening
- 60g Confectioners' Sugar aka Icing Sugar
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 200g Cake Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Combine butter, shortening, sugar and salt and beat till well combined.
- Beat egg into the butter mixture and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Fold in to the mixture and mix well.
- Relax dough for 20 minutes.
- Dust some flour on a clean tabletop.
- Roll dough out thinly
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place in a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 175◦c for 15 - 18 minutes.
.:: Credits of this recipe goes to Zheng Yan Xue of Recipe Book Cakes and Cookies ::.