My aunt whose my mother's best friend, taught me this dish when I was a very young girl. This is the one and only dish that was thought so clear instruction. How much oil, sauce to put in were specified. Not just saying a bit. How much is a bit? I could never understand that. Well, that's the reason why I'm keep this blog. Next time, when my daughter or daughter-in-law ask me how to cook a certain dish, I will tell them to refer here. Hahaha! Let's just hope they will like cooking. LOL
1 piece Thread (午鱼)
2 - 3 tablespoon oil depending on the slice of your fish, for frying
1/3 teaspoon Salt
A dash of Pepper
Cornflour for dusting
2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
How to do it:
- Rub fish with salt and pepper and set aside for 1/2 hour
- Heat wok with oil.
- Dust fish with cornflour.
- Pan fried till both sides of fish are slightly brown.
- Dish and set aside.
- Retain a tablespoon of oil in the wok.
- Pour ingredients for sauce in the wok.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour sauce over the fish and serve.
- You can also let the fish simmer for 1 minute in the sauce before dishing all out.
- Use only a pinch of salt to rub the fish if you're doing this.