AdSense

Friday, June 22, 2007

Pan Fried Thread with Sweet Sauce


My aunt whose my mother's best friend, taught me this dish when I was a very young girl. This is the one and only dish that was thought so clear instruction. How much oil, sauce to put in were specified. Not just saying a bit. How much is a bit? I could never understand that. Well, that's the reason why I'm keep this blog. Next time, when my daughter or daughter-in-law ask me how to cook a certain dish, I will tell them to refer here. Hahaha! Let's just hope they will like cooking. LOL

Ingredients:
1 piece Thread (午鱼)
2 - 3 tablespoon oil depending on the slice of your fish, for frying
1/3 teaspoon Salt
A dash of Pepper
Cornflour for dusting

Sauce:
2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
1/2 tablespoon Sugar

How to do it:
  1. Rub fish with salt and pepper and set aside for 1/2 hour
  2. Heat wok with oil.
  3. Dust fish with cornflour.
  4. Pan fried till both sides of fish are slightly brown.
  5. Dish and set aside.
  6. Retain a tablespoon of oil in the wok.
  7. Pour ingredients for sauce in the wok.
  8. Bring to a boil.
  9. Pour sauce over the fish and serve.
Note:
  • You can also let the fish simmer for 1 minute in the sauce before dishing all out.
  • Use only a pinch of salt to rub the fish if you're doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment