AdSense

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Grilled Eggplants with Miso


Eggplants, some call it Aubergine and the locals here call it Brinjal. It comes in all shapes and sizes. These I got from the market are really the shape of an large egg. See how they sit nicely in the spoon? They are cute!

I'm not a fan of this purple veggi neither is it a favourite among my family, except maybe for my father. I thought maybe if I cook it a little different, they would perhaps accept it. Well, I guess not. So, you won't be seeing much of veg here.



Ingredients:
  • Eggplant, cut into half
  • Miso Paste
  • Oil
How to do it:
  1. Spread miso paste thinly on the eggplant.
  2. Brush oil lightly on the skin of the eggplant.
  3. Grill on medium heat till cook.
  4. Sprinkle spring onions and bonito flasks on top.
  5. Serve.
Note:
If you want your eggplant to be more 'juicy', soak it in water for a minute and drain before using.

* Cute little eggplants *

10 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine

    Which brand of miso paste do u use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah looks yummy & bite size...guess even if ur family dun like...also will be tempted la!

    i love this purple plant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momo,
    See this post http://wokkingmum.blogspot.com/2007/03/vegetable-miso-soup.html. I got a picture of the miso paste I used there.

    Mommy of 2 angels,
    Ya, but they all took a bite only. :( They said, no more eggplants for them. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got try yong tau fu brinjal/eggplant before or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. dailypatnews, yeah. Didnt like that too. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grilled egg plant with miso. That sounds yummy. I have eggplants in my refrigerator which I plan to make tonight with sambal hebe. But my eggplant is the elongated kind. Indeed, your eggplants look really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also not a fan of eggplant. I prefer bittergourd :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee Ping,
    The is even cuter ones! Round like a ball!

    Tigerfish,
    Hehehe ... I not fan for bittergourd also leh. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY cute!!! I love how you presented on the spoons. I hope you enter the photo in DMBLGIT event next month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jaden for your comments. Enter DMBLGIT?! Wow! You think this is good enough? :p I dont follow the event so I'm not sure who will be hosting it next. I think I'm too shy to enter. :p

    ReplyDelete