AdSense

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Colourful Nigiri


I have not been feeling good these few day. No, I'm not sick. Just upset with my son. Anyway, I don't want my mood to affect my cooking. The family still need to eat and I'm to going to serve them charred fish just because I'm upset. Instead, I'm going to make something colourful to cheer myself up. It's going to be easy to make too because I don't want to be upset with myself for failing to serve dinner.

This was the dinner I prepared for the person who made me upset.

From left:
All served on Tomato Rice.

How to do it - the tomato rice:
  1. Slash a 'x' mark on the base of the tomato.
  2. Boil it with a pot water for a minute.
  3. Remove and let it stand in cold water.
  4. The skin that is slashed will curl out and you can peel off the skin easily.
  5. Puree the tomato.
  6. Wash the rice and add in the tomato puree.
  7. Add water if water level is not enough to cook the rice.
  8. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional).
  9. Cook your rice as normal.
Note:
I used puree of 3 large tomato, which equals to the water required for my 1 1/2 cups of rice.


7 comments:

  1. I need to steal this idea. I love food that is also art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo....how come so upset, don't be lah! See....mummy so wei da...still make dinner for your boy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine
    Though you're upset but then you still wok a super dupper meal!....i can "taste"..... it's delicious because it's from your heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how upset we are, we still cook dinner for them... That's mommy's life...

    This look yummy. Will try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee Ping,
    Hope you will enjoy it!

    Tigerfish,
    Being angry and cooking are 2 different matter. No choice. I wont want him to starve also mah.

    Esther,
    Thanks. Hope he did too :|

    LZmommy,
    Ai lor! Mommy cannot go on strike as and when we feel like it. Once we accept the job as a mom, cannot resign liao. We'll be stuck with the job till we die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, THanks so much! I have been thinking how other mum/maids made the rice red for the kids to eat! I know its tomato but no idea how to do that!
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan,
    I have no idea how the others do it but this is my method. Remember to choose very ripe tomoto otherwise there will be a slight sour taste. ;)

    ReplyDelete