Chut Bee Png 糯米饭 is actually Png Kueh 饭桃 without the pink kueh skin. Some people, usually the Hokkiens, give out Chut Been Png and red eggs during the first month celebration of their new borns. I remembered my ex-colleague, Poi Son, giving us this too for her new born celebration. It was, if I remembered correctly, cooked by her mother and it was delicious. Soft and fluffy!
- 200g Glutinous Rice
- 60g Dried Mushrooms
- 100g Dried Shrimps
- 80g Peanuts
- 2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Soak glutinous rice for 2 hours.
- Drain and steam for 1/2 hour.
- Soak mushroom, dried shrimps, and peanuts separately.
- Drain and slice the mushroom.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in wok.
- Add in garlic, mushroom, dried shrimps and peanuts.
- Stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in seasonings and mix well.
- Add in steamed glutinous rice.
- Mix well with ingredients and seasoning.
- Stir fry till fragrant and thoroughly cooked.
- Return to steam to for a further 10 minutes to soften it if you like.
Top it with roasted peanut and fried shallot