AdSense

Friday, June 29, 2007

Chicken Mayonnaise

My husband's favourite sandwich from Delifrance is Chicken Mayonnaise. I made this a few times before we were married to bring for our picnic with friends. You don't need to know cooking to do this - very easy.

My husband said it tasted just like the real one! What a huge encouragement. Thank you!

Ingredients:
(makes 2)
  • 4 slices Bread, toasted
  • A few of Lettuce Leaves
  • A few slice of Tomato
  • A few slice of Cucumber (I didn't add in mine)
  • 1 Chicken Breast meat
  • 4 - 5 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
How to do it:
  1. Boil chicken till cooked.
  2. Drain and remove skin and bones.
  3. Chopped into smaller pieces or you can shred it if you like.
  4. Add mayonnaise and salt to taste.
  5. Mix well.
  6. Refrigerate to chill.
  7. When you are ready to eat, just assemble everything!
Note:
  • Toasting the bread with prevent it to be too soggy.
  • If you are using Kraft Mayo, dilute it a bit with the stock you used to boil the chicken. I find it a bit to sour to use it alone.
  • Taste good with Japanese Mayo!
  • I had a few packets of Mayo from my last midnight order from McDonald's (They gave me 5 packets!!). I used those here. It tasted the best. Must find out which brand they use now.


9 comments:

  1. I miss those delifrance sandwiches...gotta try this one of these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for homemade delifrance chicken sandwic recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so deliciously fresh that I feel so hungry looking at it! haha :)

    faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi wokkingmum,

    Wow, i am inspired to try this and the One Pot soup...very easy and convenient to prepare..hee : )

    cheers,
    astee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments! Hope you had a chance to make this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I've tried this recipe with the japanese mayo, but the chkn turns out to be bit dry. any suggestion to make it 'wetter'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous,
    You might wish to just steam it. It take a bit longer but it will definitely be 'wetter'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they also use chives in the melbourne cbd delifrance. soo good. but yeh, i will try adding chives to this recipe

    ReplyDelete