AdSense

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Milk Pudding


Bought this box of milk pudding for quite some time and I finally make it. It smell really nice but my hubby think it's a little too sweet. As usual, I only took a bite and the rest were settled by my hubby and my son.

For those staying in Singapore, you can get this at Daiso at $2 (but of course, they are the $2 shop!) I found this at NTUC selling at $3+. So, it's a better buy at Daiso!

The instructions are in Japanese and I don't understand it. I have guess my way to make this. Hahaha!
  1. Empty the packet of pudding powder in a pot and cook it with 400ml of milk.
  2. Pour into moulds and refrigerate for 1 hour to let it set.
  3. Melt the other smaller packet of powder with 1/2 cup of water. This will be the coffee syrup to be drizzle over the pudding.
Correct me if I'm wrong, okay!

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes I also buy those Jap. stuff and instructions all Jap wan...also don't understand. Always hoping for pictures...;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. jazzmint
    Try this, quite nice!

    Tigerfish
    Ya lor. The packaging so nice but dont understand too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow u anyhow guess still can make out how to do. It sure look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne,
    Pure luck! hehehe! If I dont add in decorations, it looks like yellow skin moon-cake leh. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. mommy of 2 angels,
    You should try this. It's really easy to make, you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, that's flan!
    It's a European dessert, sometimes called "crème caramel".
    It's custard topped with caramel.
    "Purin" is the Japanese name, meaning "custard pudding".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous,
    Thank you for the information! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. heya thanks for the info. was searching for jap custard pudding and i chanced upon ur site. i just bought the pudding mix from daiso and i got the full instructions here! thought it might help.

    1) pour 1 satchet into pot and add 400ml of fresh milk. heat over med fire while stirring n bring to a boil. lower the fire and heat for another 1 min.
    2) stir lightly before pouring into moulds. leave to cool at room temp for 10 min and then cool in fridge for 1 hour.

    optional: pour pudding mix into rectangular mould and let it cool. after it hardens, cut into rectangular pieces and top with brown sugar syrup and soybean powder to serve.

    that's the instructions on the box! though i must say that your instructions are right too! :) have fun and thanks lots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous,
    Thank you for the instruction! Now they have the English translations? Good for them.

    I havent been to Daiso for a while. My hubby is worried I might wipe out the store and forbade me to go. LOL

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete