I happened to see a recipe in a cookbook that is similar to this spinach dish I wok even the presentation is the same. But the one in the cookbook added an extra ingredient - shredded bonito. Since I have that, I tried it.Ingredients:
- 300 g Spinach, cut into equal sections
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- Some shredded bonito
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce.
How to do it:
- Add oil in a pot of water and blanch spinach. 2-3 minutes is enough.
- Drain and squeeze out water.
- Sprinkle some shredded bonito.
- Drizzle the light soy sauce.
- I like to place spinach this way (standing up) because they tend to absorb sauce very fast. Then those on the bottom will be too salty.
- This presentation makes sure the sauce gets even distributed.
- I find this dish best eaten at room temperature not hot.