I bought a pack of soba during the weekend and thought I can make soba with soup instead of the usual rice and dishes. Basically, it's just excuses for being lazy. LOL
Anyway, soba is usually served cold with dipping sauce. I can't do that because the kids are eating but I got enough to try a couple other method of wokking with soba. So watch this blog. ^_-
- Soba, cooked
- Bone Broth
- Chinese Cabbage, chopped into sections
- Onion, sliced
- Back Bacon,
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Put cooked Soba in a bowl of water to prevent it from sticking together.
- Set aside.
- Saute the back bacon then brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Saute the onion till brown.
- Put the onions and Chinese cabbage into the broth.
- Cook in low fire till Chinese cabbage is cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drain soba and place in a bowl.
- Place onions, Chinese cabbage and back bacon on the soba.
- Pour the soup over.
- Serve hot.
You can use other vegetables and meat. I use the 2 vegetables because they add sweetness to the broth and get cooked fast. If you are using back bacon like me, cut down on the salt as back bacon is salty too.