One of my favourite dished is Kung Po Chicken 宫堡鸡丁. I have been practicing for some time and I have yet to master it. I still think some thing is missing. My hubby said I have improved a lot on my latest version. It’s the best so far. What an encouragement!
- 2 chicken drumstick; deboned and cut into cubes
- 20 dried chilli; soaked and cut into sections
- 1 onion, cut into small pieces
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 3 tablespoon Black Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- Corn flour mixture (thickener)
- Marinade chicken for at least an hour.
- Dust chicken with corn flour.
- Deep-fry till they turned golden brown and set aside.
- Heat oil and fry onions for 1 minute.
- Add dried chilli and fry till fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add all seasoning except corn flour mixture.
- When the sauce boils, gradually add in the corn flour mixture till the sauce thickens.
- Add in the chicken and coat evenly.
- Dish and serve.