Made this last night and made my hubby eat with me. After that we still ate fried chicken wings! He said I cause him to get fat while I’m still skinny!
- Mung beans aka Split Green Bean
- Rock sugar
- Potato flour with water (thickener)
How to do it:
- Wash mung beans till the water is clear.
- Soak it for 10 mins.
- Drain the water and steam the mung beans for 20 mins.
- In a pot of water, add in the mung beans and cook till it soften.
- Add rock sugar to taste.
- Slowly stir-in potato mixture to the desire thickness.
Soaking and steaming cut down the cooking time required. If you want a better taste, add in pandan leaves. Boil pandan leave first. Remove before adding the mung beans. Serve with you tiao 油条