Hmmm … This really makes your kitchen smell nice when frying them. Oh … this is my own recipe. Not sure how the ‘original’ Pandan Chicken we eat in 煮炒店 added as seasonings …
Anyways, my hubby and son like this. So it can’t be too bad or maybe they have lower expectations.
How to do it:
- 2 chicken drumsticks; de-boned and diced
- Pandan Leaves
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pepper (optional)
- Marinate the diced chicken with the oyster sauce and sugar.
- Set aside for 3 hours. (over night – better)
- Wrap the chicken in pandan leaves. You have to find you way to do this – sorry!
- Deep fry the chicken. Remove with the leaves turn slight brown.
- Drain and serve.
For healthy choice, you can use breast meat without skin. Can't show you how the chicken is wrapped (nobody helping me to take pics ;p) It's like doing a rice dumpling though.