It was Winter Solstice 冬至 yesterday. I had my first attempt in doing glutinous rice balls. Being my first attempt, I don’t want to be so ambitious. I bought all ready-made ingredients.
The outcome was okay. I’m not skillful enough. The balls keep breaking when I knead them and all peanut fillings came out. Lucky, I have enough dough.
Oh well! Practice make perfect. I’ll be better …. next year.
How to do it:
- Glutinous rice dough
- Grind peanut
- Gula Malaka according to taste
- 3 Pandan leaves
- 2 slices of Ginger
- Knead dough into a ball.
- Fatten it.
- Put some grinded peanut in the middle.
- Slowly knead to close-up the opening and into a ball.
- In a pot of water, add gala malaka, pandan leaves and ginger.
- Wait for gala malaka to melt before adding the glutinous rice balls.
- It’s ready when the balls float.