AdSense

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Glutinous rice balls
汤圆


It was Winter Solstice 冬至 yesterday. I had my first attempt in doing glutinous rice balls. Being my first attempt, I don’t want to be so ambitious. I bought all ready-made ingredients.

The outcome was okay. I’m not skillful enough. The balls keep breaking when I knead them and all peanut fillings came out. Lucky, I have enough dough.

Oh well! Practice make perfect. I’ll be better …. next year.

Ingredients:
  • Glutinous rice dough
  • Grind peanut
  • Gula Malaka according to taste
  • 3 Pandan leaves
  • 2 slices of Ginger
How to do it:
  1. Knead dough into a ball.
  2. Fatten it.
  3. Put some grinded peanut in the middle.
  4. Slowly knead to close-up the opening and into a ball.
  5. In a pot of water, add gala malaka, pandan leaves and ginger.
  6. Wait for gala malaka to melt before adding the glutinous rice balls.
  7. It’s ready when the balls float.


No comments:

Post a Comment