I cooked this a few years back. Hmmm… It seems that the taste is slightly different, though the aroma when cooking the meat and the sauce is still the same. Maybe I remembered the ingredients wrongly. Oh, never mind …
- 2 chicken breast meat, deboned and minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped finely
- 5 small onions, dices (I used big onions today; forgotten to buy the small onions)
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped finely
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 5 stalk lemon grass (香茅), cleaned and cut into half
- 5 small onions, chopped finely (again, I used big onion)
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon Galangal (南姜), chopped finely
- ½ stalk of Lemongrass (香茅), chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 bowl of stock or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar for taste.
How to do it:
- Mince your chicken meat.
- Add in ginger, onion, coriander, chilli and light soy sauce .
- Mix well with minced chicken.
- Use your hands and press some minced chicken firmly to the lemon grass.
- Set aside for half an hour.
- To make the sauce, stir-fry the onions with a bit of oil for about 1 min or when you can smell the aroma.
- Add in the chilli, blue ginger & lemon grass. Stir fry for a while.
- Add in the stock, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Let the sauce simmer for an hour and pour it through a sieve.
- Season with salt and sugar. (optional)
- For the chicken, you can grill or pan-fry with a bit of oil till cooked.
- Remove the chicken.
You can choose to use pork if you like but it will be tougher.Add more or less chilli according to your taste. You can either pour the sauce over the chicken or dip the chicken in the sauce as you eat.