I have always like to eat Ribs prepared in all different ways. However, some of the ingredients required for some recipes are so difficult to get here. I have this recipe for Ribs that’s so easy to prepare, even for someone new to cooking.
- 500g Ribs
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon waterHow to do it:
- Blanch the ribs in hot water.
- In a new pot, add ribs and all the seasonings.
- Cook on medium fire till it boils.
- Turn to small fire and let it simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Take care not to burn it.
- Serve hot.
- You can add a bit more water if you find it to sweet or salty after the sauce thickens.
- It's better to eat it while hot as the ribs will hardens (due to the sugar) when it turn cold.
- If you have a problem washing your pot after cooking, add water and boil it. The sauce sticking to the pot will 'melt'. Pour away the water and clean immediately.