- Broccoli, cut into florets
- 4-5 Dried scallops, soaked in hot water for ½ hour
- ½ pack Enokitake
- 200ml stock or water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon Chinese wine
- ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- Cornflour mixture (2 teaspoon cornflour with 2 teaspoon water)
How it’s done:
- Blanch broccoli florets.
- Remove accordingly to how cooked you want the broccoli to be. For me, 8 mins.
- Place broccoli in a dish.
- In a saucepan, combine dried scallop, enokitake, oyster sauce, Chinese wine, soy sauce and stock.
- When it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Thicken the sauce with the cornflour mixture.
- Turn off the fire and slowly stir in the egg white.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli and serve.
Don’t throw away the water you use to soak the dried scallop.You can add in to your stock or water to be use to simmer the enokitake and dried scallop.